FD103 - Introduction to Risk Management
Gain a solid foundation in the principles and practices of risk management with this course.
Delegates will learn the key knowledge, tools and methods required to apply risk management to a wide range of organisational situations and contexts – and to continuously improve risk assessment processes and overall quality.
FD103 Introduction to Risk Management
Delivery method: Classroom | Supported distance learning
Course duration: 16 hours indicative (4 Weeks)
Indicative course content
Introduction to risk and its importance in organisational leadership and ISO 9001 including legal aspects, regulatory, corporate governance, social responsibility, sustainability and organisational prosperity
• Types of organisational risk including external influences and benefits of addressing them
• Awareness of ISO 31000 and risk management principles, framework and lifecycle process
• Roles in risk management
• Overview of methods for risk identification and typical tools such as idea generation
• Overview of analysis tools such as risk register, risk matrix, PDPC, FTA, FMEA
• Overview of risk response and typical tools such as mistake proofing (Poka-yoke)