ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion Course – 3 Day
ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion Course – 3 Day
CQI IRCA ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Conversion Course
THIS 3-DAY CQI IRCA CERTIFIED COURSE WILL PROVIDE EXISTING AUDITORS WITH THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO AUDIT AN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
The course is based on the IRCA specification – PR356 ISO 45001:2018 Auditor Conversion (OHSMS).
- The purpose of an OH&S management system, and of OH&S management systems standards and the business benefits of the improved performance of the OH&S management system.
- Understanding ISO 45001 –
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and its application to OH&S management processes.
- The processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system, including the significance of these for OHSMS auditors.
- The terms and definitions used in ISO 45001.
- The requirements for OH&S management system documentation and the difference between maintaining and retaining documented information.
- The role of the OH&S management system auditor in assessing an organisation’s ability to provide a safe and healthy workplace, to prevent work related injury and ill health and to proactively improve its occupational health and safety performance.
- The role of the OHSMS auditor in evaluating an organisation’s ability to meet its legal and other requirements, including the difference between this role and the regulatory role of evaluating legal compliance.
- Planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up of audits of an OH&S management system.
- External and internal issues
- Determination of legal requirements and other requirements
- Consultation and participation
- Operational processes
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of performance
- Management Review
- Continual Improvement
- Top management commitment
Who is the course intended for?
Existing lead auditors e.g. for QMS and/or EMS, who have not previously audited OH&S management systems.
Recommended – ISO 45001:2018 Foundation Course
Mandatory – Lead Auditor Training in another discipline
What each Learner should know before completing this course:
The CQI & IRCA recommend that each Learner have the following prior knowledge before completing this course :
Required Knowledge of
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle,
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- Occupational health and safety management – the concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions
- Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of a Lead Auditor Training course in another discipline.
Printed Copy of ISO 45001:2018
Each participant should have a printed copy of the standard to reference while completing this course. Loan copies can only be made available in a classroom setting.
Course Assessment and Accreditation:
Learners must achieve the minimum pass mark for each domain and an overall score of 36 marks (50%)
Open book exam. Learners will require access to the relevant ISO standards (electronic or paper copy permitted).
Course ID reference number: 1980
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA (the Chartered Quality Institute and the International Register of Certificated Auditors)
Due to changes announced by CQI and IRCA we must make you aware that:
As a registered charity, the CQI is subject to the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), a UK law that gives you certain rights with respect to your personal data that is shared with the Institute.
In order to accurately record the delegates that they are certifying, CQI and IRCA now require that we provide them with your contact details (name, surname and email address).
We have been assured by CQI and IRCA that delegate data will be handled and stored confidentially and securely, and that any marketing communications between CQI and IRCA and you will be limited to the promotion of CQI and IRCA and their qualifications programmes, and that this will be strictly on an opt-in basis.
To exercise your GDPR rights, you must contact the CQI either directly or through Temple Management Training Limited unless you are located in a European Union country when you must contact the CQI’s EU representative – IT Governance Europe Limited at email@example.com. Please ensure you reference ‘CQI’ in any correspondence you send to their representative.